Jesus loves you

Jesus loves you
He loves you so much... He died for you. This is love.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 A New Year with Infinite Possibilities

First, I must thank the Almighty for all the wonderful things that this family enjoyed in 2010. Despite a declining economy, we suffered no personal financial devastation. We were blessed financially, if anything. He promises us that if we tithe faithfully and joyfully, we will feel the reward.

By the same token, we lost a dear, sweet friend last week. She had a good long life. Has beautiful children, grand children, and great grand children who will never forget the loving and giving woman she was. I thank God that He put her into my life when I needed to be taught about selfless love. There were family dramas that hurt and precious family moments that make it all okay. The good outweighed the bad many times over. It was a good year. Thank you Father.

The theme for 2011 at church is "Greater Things" in 2011. That is a good theme. Uplifting for those who had a hard year. Greater things however cannot be measured by how much we gain financially. It must mean more than attaining earthly comforts.

Each year has been greater for me since I accepted Jesus as my savior. Each step in my journey that leads me towards the completion of my role in God's Plan brings me unmeasurable joy, peace, and comfort. Learning to care about others like never before was my happiest accomplishment in 2010. It is not even close to what it should be yet, but I already feel the changes in my core beliefs.

The world is now more beautiful when I look at the trees and oceans and clouds. The struggles of those around me touch my heart more deeply. I see the crime, cruelty, hate, despair and fear and understand that my place is not in this world, that my place is in the Kingdom. Happiness can only come from a loving place, not from the worldly pleasures that we too often equate with success.

So I too declare that 2011 will be a greater year. I pray and expect that my family and friends will become more acquainted with the goodness, love, mercy, and comfort that come with a personal relationship with God. I anticipate more love and kindness will surround my life. Happy New Year 2011.

Each day it becomes clearer that it is all about love.

HALLELUJAH, JEHOVA. S'AGAPO POLI XRISTO. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment