Jesus loves you

Jesus loves you
He loves you so much... He died for you. This is love.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Fasting. Bowing before our Lord in humility.

Fasting means different things to different people. Giving up food and drink and restricting other activities and increasing your personal prayer and worship time with God are some of the things that happen in fasts. Basically, I am bringing my spiritual demeanor to a bowing position. Trying to humble myself before Him and trying to be less distracted and involved with the worldly things that do not profit us.

Since I am an insulin dependent diabetic, I deem it dangerous to go overboard and only give up some food and drink. On the other hand, I give up one of my shameful passions, playing computer based games. For me, it falls into the same category as smoking cigarettes or watching movies full of cuss words, violence, and sexual deviancy... unhealthy and ungodly. I try not to "miss" it too much, try not to think about it at all, but it sneaks in. I also do not spend money on anything personal except absolute necessities for the food pantry and the occasional expense for other peoples needs and tithing. Truly, not even a sacrifice this time around.

I have dedicated this fast to the healing of my grand daughter who has a dependency problem. She desperately needs salvation. I also am dedicating it to the salvation of my extended family. I would love the pleasure of hearing them praise the Lord. Especially, my dearly beloved husband.

I have been led to the book of Hebrews, and it has placed wonderful understanding of who we are to God and who Jesus is to God and who Jesus is to us. I see our closeness in a different light. Jesus obeyed God with no hesitation even when He knew that He was going to be killed in such a heinous, painful, shameful way. Even knowing that those whom he had taught and selected and loved would turn from Him, deny Him, and betray Him for gold, He obeyed God. I shall chase that same obedient mindset.

God wants us to be happy, healthy, loving creatures and only asks that we love Him and love each other. It always leads back to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment