Jesus loves you

Jesus loves you
He loves you so much... He died for you. This is love.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Family drama

Wow, my heart is exploding. I am over the first shock of an attack on me. It didn't hurt so much when it first happened. Now I am hurting for real.

I now have the struggle of forgiveness. The trauma that will affect the family scares me. I thought that we had finally reached some measure of healing after many years of living with a misunderstanding. I must be compassionate with someone who is bound and determined to believe I am basically a liar, a heartless person, out to make them miserable... family drama by someone who is carrying a lot of pain. Right now I am angry and obliged to remain silent to maintain a semblance of order.

My daughter tells me, it is not about me. It is about the anger and confusion of this person. I get that, and I am so sorry that she is so hurt that she feels justified in striking out. If it were not family, it would be so much easier to deal with. I cannot walk away from family with such ease and grace. There are many people involved. Most would like this to go away. In other words for me to be okay with it. I am okay with the attack, I understand her hurt. But now I have a broken heart too. I have no way to "fix" it. I have to leave it to God.

Father God:
Coming before you with grateful heart for all that You do. Proclaiming that You are the Great I Am, the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Creator of all. You are the great Provider, the Healer, the source of all good and perfect love. I bow before your majesty, am humbled by the fact that You sent Your Son, Jesus Christ, to earth to redeem us from our sin.

In His sweet name I ask that you heal this heart and the heart of the person who has struck out against me. She is Your child but has not yet understood that You are love and that is what you expect of us. My prayer is that she find forgiveness in her heart for me and be set free from all that hurts her. I ask that Your will be done in this situation.

I love You so deeply, I trust You completely, and stand on Your promises in this time of hurt, knowing that You will heal me and her and that the family will be united once again.

Thank You blessed Father. In the Holy name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment